Absolutely. Pawshake is a community animal lovers who welcome others' animals with great pleasure. Your dog will be much happier than in a kennel. Take a look at the pet sitter profiles on our site - verified by our team - and let us know what you think.
Pawshake is a platform that puts animal owners and pet sitters in contact. In the interest of animals' wellbeing, we verify the contact details of pet sitters in various ways before they appear on the site. Then, after the stay, owners can leave an evaluation of their experience.
Absolutely. As a matter of fact, we encourage a meeting beforehand between the pet sitter and the pet. You can request this by clicking on "Contact Me." Try to meet in a neutral place, because sometimes the host family's pet attempts to defend its territory.
Absolutely. The site has the advantage of having a large offering of pet sitters.
As it is not advisable to modify a pet’s diet, we suggest owners provide the pet sitter with the animal’s food for the duration of stay.
We also suggest that the owner provide the pet sitter the animal’s favorite toys and accessories to minimally disrupt the animal’s routine.
It is possible - through the site - to agree with the host family on items to bring. Here are some suggestions:
- Food and snacks
- A leash
- Bowl for eating or drinking
- Basket and blankets
- If needed, old clothes with the owner's smell for reassurance.
To make your life easier, we have prepared a list of instructions that you can give to the pet sitter or host family. This list includes instructions concerning food, your dog's favorite items, your vet's name and address, and numbers of contacts in case of emergency.
Yes. We request that Pawshake pet sitters describe the care they offer as thoroughly as possible. Some indeed have a specialization. Look through the list of pet sitters in your region to see who is the best person to take care of your pet.
Happily, cases of emergencies are very rare, but it's best to prepare for them. If there’s an emergency, the pet sitter must decide the best course of action: either to go to the nearest veterinarian or, if possible, go to the pet's own veterinarian.
Pawshake pet sitters offer two types of reservations:
· : Full refund if pet owner cancels by 12h00 noon one day before the service begins. 50% refund for the cancelled days if cancelled after 12h00 noon the day before the service begins.
· : Full refund if pet owner cancels by 12h00 noon 7 days before the service begins. 50% refund for the cancelled days if cancelled after 12h00 noon 7 days before the service begins.
If you wish to cancel a booking once it has been paid for, contact our customer support team, so we can process the cancellation and relevant refund.
Pawshake will ask for your payment information to complete your online reservation. However, not until the moment the reservation is accepted by the pet sitter does the sum owed get debited from your payment account. The pet sitter is paid at the end of the stay. Note there are no booking fees on Pawshake.
No. All payments are carried out via Pawshake's website. It's easier and more secure. This also allows you to concentrate on the relationship with the pet sitter.
Host families and pet sitters define their own cancellation policies. For more information, please check the pet sitter’s profile.
Pawshake uses “SSL”, a secure and encrypted protocol, that protects confidential user information. You will know that you are on a secure webpage when the URL begins with “https” rather than “http”. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security technology which is used for the transmission of sensitive information such as credit card numbers.
When the Guest makes a booking with a Host, money is not drawn from the Guest's payment account until the Host confirms the reservation. Instead the amount due for the booking is ‘’reserved’’. Essentially the money never leaves the Guest payment account, it only appears as a pending charge on the Guest's payment account.
When a Host declines a reservation request, the reserved amount due for the booking will be cancelled and the Guest will not be charged.
Note, if your booking request is not accepted within 7 working days, then the funds are automatically released in your ‘available to spend’ balance.
If you’re not absowoofly happy with your experience, Pawshake offers pet owners a Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee to our two legged members. In order to be eligible, you obviously need to have organized a meet and greet with the sitter prior to the booking, have booked via the Pawshake and have left a poor review for the sitter. Your claim needs to be submitted within 3 days of the end of the booking period via the “contact us” section. The refund is not to exceed 5 days of the gross booking amount.
Yes, your pet is insured during the period of booking!
Pawshake has your backing with a free insurance covering for all services booked through our site or mobile app! This means that you will benefit from ultimate peace of mind.
- Care, Custody, Control – veterinary coverage for animals in pet sitters’ care, custody and control: This section provides veterinary coverage for the guest pets in the pet sitter’s care, custody or control. There is a $350 deductible for medical claims covered by the pet owners.
- Public Liability Insurance – covers pet sitters against third party claims: This section will pay those sums that pet sitters become legally obliged to pay as damages because of bodily injury to a third party person or damage to property of a third party. Claims are subjected to a $350 excess payable by the pet sitter at the time of the claim.
Our insurance program is underwritten by Allianz.
For more information, please check https://www.pawshake.co.nz/insurance
There are no upfront or ongoing costs for insurance. This is covered in the portion of the fee paid to Pawshake.
Please note - there is a $350 excess on medical expenses. What does this mean? In the unlikely case of an emergency, the pet sitter pays up to $350, and if the claim is successful, Pawshake pays the remainder. This cost is to be negotiated privately between the sitter and owner following the booking. If the cost of the visit is less than $350, this cost is to be negotiated privately between the sitter and owner.
Please check our insurance details page for more information www.pawshake.co.nz/insurancedetails
- Step 1: Enter your town or suburb in the search bar on the Pawshake homepage to browse local sitters.
- Step 2: Make an enquiry: Contact at least two sitters by making an enquiry. Sitters must first pre-approve your enquiry before you are able to make a reservation. Pre-approval is a way for sitters to let you know that they are available and interested when you ask about a potential reservation. Simply click on the button "Send Enquiry" on their profile listing to make contact with the sitter. Once your reservation has been pre-approved, you can automatically confirm the reservation for the specific dates you have provided. Important: your reservation isn’t confirmed until you’ve clicked "Book Now".
- Step 3: Book it! Click on "Book Now" to finalise the booking. At this time, the amount for the booking is reserved in your chosen payment account. There’s no payment, just an authorisation for the amount. Once the booking is confirmed by the sitter, the amount is withdrawn from your payment account. At this time, there has been a payment.